Sunday, June 26, 2011

Havasupai

We took our young men from church down to Havasupai Canyon and spent the week hiking, swimming, and exploring. The place was crawling with whiptails, spinys, and tree lizards. I caught a big whiptail but I seem to have misplaced my camera (at the bottom of Havasu Falls).


These two guys I caught on the same tree. The little tree lizard was trying so hard to bite the spiny. It was funny to watch. I think he has "short man complex".

This is a king snake I caught on our day hike we took Thursday. We went 20 miles to the Colorado River and back in about 7 hours. We sat and had soda from some rafters on the Colorado for about an hour of that.


Somehow I got him to stay on my hand for a picture.

They took a video of him croaking in my hand I will post when I get it.





No comments: