Tuesday, December 8, 2009

David's frog

First off--to all the brothers--I need to know if this is a poisonous frog?? If it is we're not keeping it, if it isn't...I'll think about keeping it...maybe... David spotted him while we were in the flower section at Lowes this morning. I told him if he wanted to take it home, he would have to catch it by himself (I wasn't going to touch it). So he crawled under the flower tables and chased it around for a while (it was freezing outside so the frog was kind of slower), trying to get it out in the open. He would touch it to get it to hop, but he was too scared to pick it up. In the meantime, I ran over with the other kids and grabbed a small flower pot. David finally chased it out into the walkway and luckily I got it to hop right into my pot (that's my way of catching stuff). I had to buy the pot but not the frog...the nice clerk said we could keep it. I think we were entertaining all the old people that were there, luckily I didn't see anybody I knew. Oh, and calling all Clark dads and cousins...I need you to train David on the art of reptile catching because I can't.

6 comments:

Kimbosa said...

That looks like a Pacific Treefrog. Here is the link to more info. Copy and paste this into your browser window and read up! Nice catch Olson clan!

http://www.bear-tracker.com/treefrog.html

ashley said...

that is totally the right frog! awesome. it came a long way in a tree delivered to the store or something. we'll see if we can keep it alive...

Kimbosa said...

Go to Petsmart and but some real moss and "flightless fruit flies". Keep it humid in the cage, the best cages are the clear glass sugar and flour jars they sell in a set or individually.

Lindsay said...

The key to catching lizards is:
1 - don't smash their brains out
2 - observe a pro because they've probably smashed brains before but now they're better at it
3 - don't observe kimball

Britney and Kevin said...

ha ha ha ha ha

ashley said...

i'm sure that's what was wrong with Justin the lizard. brain damage. that's why he never moved from your shirt...