Sunday, June 14, 2009

Helaman's Camp

The Buckeye Stake did the Senior Aaronic trip up on the rim north of Payson. These are some of my findings:

Jayden, I am sorry I did not save this bug for your collection, he would have been awesome.
I have not seen a tadpole this big in a long time. I caught him in Fossil Creek.

This grasshopper was laying her eggs right in the trail. The camera was about one inch from her and she just kept on laying...

We caught two horny toads and a common "Bernard" lizard. I put the lizard on my shoulder and he stayed there for over 4 miles of hiking and never jumped off. We let him go in camp.



This caterpillar is now in a cocoon in our horny toad cage.

3 comments:

Thayne said...

Nice photos Kimball. That's what this site is all about.

ashley said...

great pictures - especially the grasshopper - it looks like it should be in a magazine!

Britney and Kevin said...

Those are cool Kimball! Looks like a lot of fun!